If you formula fed one dc and breastfed another..

(16 Posts)
Evianbaby15 Fri 07-Aug-15 20:28:43

In your experience which did you lose the baby weight quicker with?

Few friends and I were having this discussion earlier with mixed views, just wondered what your experience was?

UpFitNow Fri 07-Aug-15 20:36:57

Lost weight much more quickly when breastfeeding - weeks as opposed to months when bottle fed.
The other thing that surprised was that the bleeding was much less when breast feeding too.

mooma3 Sat 08-Aug-15 20:25:56

Totally opposite for me.

Only bf for 6 weeks but took months to even feel anything like normal and years to feel anywhere at all attractive.

bleeding down remember but more than 6 weeks i think and quite heavy.

FF 2nd baby and was back in smaller clothes within 10 days!
Bleeding very light and less than a month.

Quickchangeup Sat 08-Aug-15 20:28:30

Breastfed and weight went in weeks. Conversely my friend also breastfed and didn't loose a thing. She moved on to formula in order to diet eventually.

Lightbulbon Sat 08-Aug-15 20:31:18

Bf ended up much slimmer than pre-pregnancy

PrincessTheresaofLiechtenstein Sat 08-Aug-15 20:32:05

I couldn't lose anything till I'd dropped to two feeds a day with my breastfed DC. It just seemed to make me so hungry and I made poor food choices!

DixieNormas Sat 08-Aug-15 20:33:43

Quicker when ff, I ended up going to sw when bf

Drivinghomeforchristmasornot Sat 08-Aug-15 20:37:13

Quicker initially with ff but after a few months of breastfeeding it fell off and I was the thinnest I've been as an adult.

LizzieLou3 Sat 08-Aug-15 20:37:43

Exactly the same in terms of speed of weight loss but ate a lot more whilst bf, which is more fun!

PacificDogwood Sat 08-Aug-15 20:38:30

No difference here - I am greedy either way grinblush

RoobyTuesday Sat 08-Aug-15 20:38:49

I have had three children. I breast fed the first for 8 weeks until I had to go back to work, as soon as I stopped breast feeding the weight dropped off. DC2 I breast fed for 7 months, the weight was very slow to go and I didn't go back to my normal weight until I stopped breast feeding. DC 3 was breast fed for 8 weeks and again I lost weight very quickly after I stopped feeding him myself.
I've never found BF helped me to lose lots of weight although that is certainly not the reason I stopped.

HeadDreamer Sat 08-Aug-15 20:42:00

I assume bf. But my experience is two extended EBF babies and one 12wk miscarriage. I was down to my prepregnancy weight around 3-4 months with EBF. And by 6mo when we start wearing I am smaller than prepregnancy. Size 8 topshop skinnies are feeling lose at 11mo now with DD2, and I was size 10 wirh same jeans prepregnancy.

With the miscarriage, it took me 6mo of strict no snack no cake diet with my fitness pal calorie tracking, along with 3 gym classes a week to get back to my normal weight and jeans. With EBF I ate a bowl of ice cream a day with numerous cake and crisp and I still lose weight.

Evianbaby15 Sun 09-Aug-15 09:41:29

It's interesting isn't it.
My friends MW was trying to convince her to try BF and this is one of the factors she thought would help her make the decision (she's already set on FF for her own reasons)

LizzieLou3 Sun 09-Aug-15 17:29:46

If she really thought that would be a deciding factor then how shallow must she have judged your friend to be?!

SoupDragon Wed 12-Aug-15 22:19:00

Just so you know I bf all 3 of my children

Really...?

"FF 2nd baby and was back in smaller clothes within 10 days!"

SoupDragon Wed 12-Aug-15 22:19:26

wrong thread ...smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now