Will my milk production stop after 36 hours of no feeding?

(7 Posts)
clabsyqueen Sun 31-Aug-14 07:42:28

I'm away with the OH and haven't fed LO since yesterday morning and just woken up now (with a much missed hangover!) and realised my breastpump is broken. It will another 12 hours before I get home. Apart from the discomfort will there be any problem with resuming feeding do you think? I'm worried as baby does not take any cows milk or formula ( she's 13 months though so she'll be fine).

lanbro Sun 31-Aug-14 07:48:36

I left dd2 10mo from fri first thing to sun afternoon, only a tiny bit of manual expressing to ease discomfort, and no effect to supply. She only had a minute amount of formula and was absolutely fine. Don't worry!

clabsyqueen Sun 31-Aug-14 08:24:39

Thanks! Just go try and 'enjoy' the rest of the day.
What a shame! Being a mother sucks sometimes.

Waswondering Sun 31-Aug-14 08:26:39

When dd was 13m I went away for 2 days (48h). Resumed morning/evening feeds when I returned. No problems. She self weaned about 4-6 weeks later, but I don't think it was connected!

GingerSkin Sun 31-Aug-14 08:27:08

Morrisons have a decent pump for £12 if you are worried, it's their baby and toddler event.

Just watch for redness.

Perhaps hand express what you can too

ladybirdandsnails Sun 31-Aug-14 08:48:37

It will be fine. Hand express if you need to as you don't want to get blocked ducts or anything

clabsyqueen Sun 31-Aug-14 11:01:00

Thanks for the reassurances.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now