Where do I go from here?

(4 Posts)
susannahmoodie Sat 30-Aug-14 08:55:41

My ds2 is 12mo and still bf. I'm back at work so it's just am, pm and through the night ATM.

I fed my ds1 til 18mo and planned on feeding ds2 til the same age if not longer.

However, for the last three nights I have been for various reasons unable to be around at bedtime to Feed to sleep and so dh has put him to bed. And guess what, he's started to sleep through. Ds1 was a terrible sleeper and didn't sleep consistently until he was 2 and a half and now I'm thinking if ds2 is starting to sleep and the thing that seems to have made the difference is not feeding him to sleep. But, I don't really want to stop feeding. I like feeding to sleep it's the only quiet time of the day when I get to read my kindle but I feel like I have to choose between carrying on feeding and getting better sleep!

Wwyd?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 30-Aug-14 10:52:25

Could you let DH put him to sleep while you read downstairs? You could still feed him in the morning and after tea or on pickup from work smile

eagle2010 Sat 30-Aug-14 10:57:51

I agree with JJJ - and you never know, he may look for that bedtime feed again if he's ill or teething or anything.

Oh the bliss of an unbroken night's sleep - enjoy enjoy enjoy grin

CariadsDarling Sat 30-Aug-14 11:02:37

Ive breast fed 5 children, one of them to 2 years and 9 months, and Id have no hesitation is putting sleep before a comfort feed for a baby of this age, and especially when he's telling you he doesnt need it or want it anymore.

Yep, he might want it when he's ill - but Im sure calpol will sort him out as well.

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now