Formula feeding mistake - help please

(7 Posts)
Gscat Thu 21-Aug-14 05:24:08

Has anyone used formula after the two hour rule.... My son is 12 Weeks and on formula. We give him a bottle at 9.30/10.30 pm made up from powder and then I open ready made bottles for any night time feeds. Tonight due to lack of sleep and doing it in the dark so as not to disturb my husband I grabbed the remainder of the 10.30 feed instead of the one I'd just made up with the ready made stuff. The rest of the 10.30 bottle should have been thrown away and I used it after 6and a half ish hours. Feel awful and stupid. I know we now have to watch out for symptoms of enterobacter sakazakii infection - just wondered if anyone done anything similar and also was their baby ok.

anothervisittothepark Thu 21-Aug-14 05:34:48

Sorry can't help any. Its easy mistake to make. Did you run it past nhs24? Did they tell you to watch for symptoms?

Gscat Thu 21-Aug-14 05:38:34

Not spoken to anyone. just read stuff on the internet.

catsdogsandbabies Thu 21-Aug-14 05:44:42

He'll be fine. Just have a system to avoid next time. Sleep deprived brains make mistakes. Weather not that hot. Keep an eye on him that's all I would do unless other concerns, e.g premature etc

PinkAndBlueBedtimeBears Thu 21-Aug-14 06:36:10

Just keep a close eye, any concerns ring nhs direct, I'm sure your not the first and you certainly won't be the last!!

purplemurple1 Thu 21-Aug-14 06:43:19

Yes a few times and never had any issues. My sister does it regularly as her child (5months) just wants an oz at 5am so she finishes the midnight bottle off then. No sign of any problems.
Just keep an eye on him.

Gscat Thu 21-Aug-14 08:30:54

Thank you very much. Feel more reassured will keep an eye on him

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now