Bottle feeds at night: what do you do?

(5 Posts)
mygreeneyedboy Wed 20-Aug-14 09:32:33

I stopped BF 7.5mo DS last night (see my "I want to stop/teething/etc" post). It got to the point of screaming pain and I've had enough of that with BFing.

DP went and got him left over milk bottle from the fridge. This was 11pm. His 4am feed was a water bottle as I hadn't slept so too tired to sterilise/wash/make bottle.

I'm not used to getting up in the night, not past the cot at least.
So how do you do bottle feeds at night? Do you have two bottles and put them in the fridge before you sleep? (DS doesn't like warm milk..)

hubbahubster Wed 20-Aug-14 10:34:36

With DC1 we used to make up a bottle and take it up to bed in a cool bag with an ice pack. He wasn't fussy about having his milk warm either so it suited us both.

FelixFelix Wed 20-Aug-14 10:40:50

I put mine in a bottle bag too and leave it next to the bed. Dd doesn't mind hers being cold either which helps.

Zara8 Wed 20-Aug-14 14:14:21

We were in an apartment with DS so it was only a short walk to the fridge. But in our new place (2 levels) I would prob just use ready made formula and pour into bottle? Is he just on 1 feed at night?

Peppa87 Tue 26-Aug-14 22:16:18

Each evening I make the following days bottles up and keep them in the fridge.
When going to bed I take the bottle warmer upstairs along with a bottle of formula in a cooler bag.
When baby wakes I pop the bottle in the warmer for a few minutes just to take the chill away.
Just makes it a little easier in the night without having to traipse up and down the stairs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now