new born pimples

(7 Posts)
Lolokins Sun 17-Aug-14 13:17:10

2weeks old and pimples already. Someone mentioned this could b "milk rash" is there such a thing? They r red with little white heads confined mostly to cheeks but some on forehead too - none anywhere else.

PinkAndBlueBedtimeBears Sun 17-Aug-14 13:35:46

My dd had these, she had them for about a month, and they looked bloody horrific, dr said it's normal and not a lot they can do though..

If your worried go to the drs, they will always make time for a baby..

tiktok Sun 17-Aug-14 13:38:52

Utterly normal. Check with Hv if worried.

Schmoop Sun 17-Aug-14 14:25:11

I was told about spots as you describe before we left the hospital. midwife said its hormonal changes after they're born. my ds had them for a month or so. they would appear all over his body and be gone the next day. if your at all concerned though just ask your hv. sounds normal though smile

KernowKids Sun 17-Aug-14 14:56:01

Google milia. Seek advice from hv or go if you're worried they are infected. Otherwise, leave well alone and they will get better very soon.

Lolokins Sun 17-Aug-14 17:08:33

Thanks everyone. Hv comin tomor so will check but hopefully ok

mygreeneyedboy Sun 17-Aug-14 18:01:52

It's fine. DS had them , like bad acne, from 6 days until 6 weeks. I was told if they lasted more than 6 weeks see a GP but they didn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now