Needed a soundproof all in one shroud type thing

(9 Posts)
JamInMyWellies Thu 14-Aug-14 15:47:09

DS3 is driving me bonkers. Daytime feeding us virtually impossible he is so bloody nosy.

I need some sort of soundproof head to toe blanket.

Any tips on feeding a v nosy baby. Doing a 9hr flight next week. My nipples will be shown to the entire plane!!

NorahBone Thu 14-Aug-14 22:20:05

Been having this problem myself; I'd wait until he's had a chance to have a good look round, preferably sleepy and maybe give him something to play with while he feeds. smile

BrianButterfield Thu 14-Aug-14 22:28:56

How old is he? A beady necklace helps, as does having long hair... (Ouch!)

JamInMyWellies Thu 14-Aug-14 23:17:53

He pings my bra straps, pulls my hair scrapes his fingernails down my face. Will try a toy or beady necklace.

JamInMyWellies Thu 14-Aug-14 23:18:16

Oh he is 8mth.

SinkyMalinks Fri 15-Aug-14 10:51:42

Mines the same, sadly, and facing a 4 hr flight in a few weeks. Everyone keeps telling me "they change so much", trying to make me happier about the flight... I suspect this is just him though (hasn't bloody changed in this way so far!). I'm in awe of the 9 hr flight...

ElephantsNeverForgive Fri 15-Aug-14 10:58:02

There is so little room on plane its really difficult for anyone, but the person next to you to see anything and so much engine and serving trolly noise no one will hear much either.

I honestly wouldn't stress.

JamInMyWellies Fri 15-Aug-14 11:53:32

Am not worried about exposing myself. My nipples have been seen all over the world 3rd child in I have no qualms about my nips hanging in the fresh air. grin

Good luck on the 4hr flight. In my experience the constant drone noise sends them to sleep. And if it doesn't I go with the mantra. I don't know these people I will never see them again (apart from the return journey. wink)

TeaPleaseBob Fri 15-Aug-14 21:09:31

My lo went through a similar phase at about that age. Eventually I started expressing and taking milk out in a sippy cup to try, most times it was successful. She did eventually grow out of it.

Think I did a lot of nipple flashing for a while though. I found waiting until she really was hungry/ thirsty meant less messing around. Good luck with the flight. My lo was so nosey at 12 months she barely fed on the plane but it was only 2.5 hours

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now