Breastfeeding in France

(4 Posts)
CinnamonSwirl31 Thu 07-Aug-14 10:51:05

Has anyone done it in public places like restaurants or cafés? I'm going to Paris and my friend who lives there says French women don't tend to breastfeed. Any advice? Thanks.

JackieBrambles Thu 07-Aug-14 14:00:03

I went last year with my 5 month old (not to Paris but to the Dordogne).

I definitely breastfed in public, but I tried to be as discreet as possible covering up with a muslin etc. I distinctly remember doing it at a restaurant sat at an outside table, nobody appeared to notice or care!

Ilovecake73 Tue 12-Aug-14 22:54:35

I live out here and no one should care or notice. I've only ever found people very supportive of breastfeeding... Almost to the point of fascinated that I was - as it isn't so common. That being said I live in the countryside not a big city but I've breastfed in French cities and lots of public places too without anyone looking twice.

mygreeneyedboy Fri 15-Aug-14 09:37:51

It's quite the same as in the UK really. You might get a look or too depending where you are, cover up or tell them to mind their own business. I wouldn't say there is a difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now