Stabby breast pain

(3 Posts)
NorahBone Mon 04-Aug-14 22:06:51

I've been breastfeeding for 9 months and one side has recently become really painful. I had a blocked duct a few weeks ago and it cleared within a day but it's since got more and more painful- yesterday I had really sharp shooting pains in it for hours after feeding.
It's excruciating to feed from, but expressing is not too bad; it's not really emptying my breast though so I get engorged if I don't feed. I don't think it's thrush because it's only one side, but does anyone have any suggestions?

Fourlittleclones Tue 05-Aug-14 19:29:09

I had thrush recently and it sounds very like your description. Mine was only on one side.
Does your lo have any symptoms? Shiny looking rash on bottom, white patches in mouth?

NorahBone Tue 05-Aug-14 20:11:15

I can't see anything inside his mouth. He's got a bottom like a baboon at the moment though as his digestion is working through some issues and he's having a dirty nappy every couple of hours. Thanks for your response littleclones I'll go and see my gp, just in case

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now