Good breastfeeding snacks

(11 Posts)
Blamenargles Fri 01-Aug-14 20:23:13

DS2 is 1day im trying to breastfeed, but im starving just about to do an online shop. I need so good snack ideas that i can eat at the same time. That are healthy ish and filling

Ethelswith Fri 01-Aug-14 20:31:06

Flapjack

Lots of sugar/syrup for instant hit, but oats for slower. My DMum used to make tonnes of it for me - there are bough versions, it it's also quick and easy to make once you have a bit of energy/time back.

bakingtins Fri 01-Aug-14 20:40:40

Do you have someone willing to bake for you? You could order the ingredients for lactation cookies ( rolled oats, flax seed, brewer's yeast plus the usual flour, sugar, butter etc) and ask someone to whip up a batch until you are in baking mode yourself. Loads of variations on the recipe on the internet if you google.

Congratulations!

Blamenargles Fri 01-Aug-14 20:46:19

Loving the sound of flapjack and cookies might have to get my grandma on the task till I have time to bake again.

Are nuts ok?

crikeybadger Fri 01-Aug-14 21:33:00

Nuts are great, especially if covered in chocolate!

Cereal bars are also good, raisins, apricots, yoghurt? Oat cakes and peanut butter or cheese?

Blamenargles Sat 02-Aug-14 08:56:25

Also what food would've best to avoid

mrscog Sat 02-Aug-14 09:00:10

I don't really think there are any foods to avoid if you're not having any problems (except loads of booze in one go). Just eat what you fancy, this is a time to be kind to yourself.

bakingtins Sat 02-Aug-14 09:04:06

You don't need to avoid anything food-wise. some women do find their babies seem to react to certain foods via breast milk, but it's very individual.
I like those 2 min porridge sachet for breakfast, another dose of oats which are supposed to be good for supply, filling and quick.

Blamenargles Sat 02-Aug-14 16:56:55

thank you everyone my mum just been and dropped a bar of chocolate off never been so happy to see chocolate blush

shoofly Sat 02-Aug-14 19:22:04

these breakfast bars are fantastic if you can manage them or get someone else to bake you a batch. They are the laziest type of baking imaginable. I buy a 4 seed mix from and a berries and raisin mix from Tesco and use those.

Blamenargles Sat 02-Aug-14 20:21:41

they look so good thry csn ho on next weeks shopping list, cant believe how hungry its making me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now