Battery breast-pumps (double) for working outside?

(5 Posts)
InFrance2014 Sat 12-Jul-14 16:53:00

Hi,

Quick question- I've decided to buy a breastpump to feed my 4 month old while I go back to work. Some of the time I can direct-feed during the day, but other times I have to pump. Main issue is I won't have power supply during the day (I will be on fieldwork and at conferences), so need battery pump.
I am used to a rented Medela Lactina which is good but needs power (and is huge). I don't have a massive milk supply so need something decent in quality and speed.

Can anyone recommend a decent transportable battery-powered double pump that is under 200 quid?
I was tempted by 2nd hand Medela Pump In Style but it's not closed system...

Thanks in advance!

CityDweller Mon 14-Jul-14 13:20:33

Ardo Calypso. I switched to that from a Medela Swing when the Swing wasn't up to the demand when I went back to work. The Calypso also has benefit of being a closed-system (so much more hygienic and you can sell or pass it on with a clear conscience after you've finished with it)

I bought mine directly from the Ardo website.

leedy Mon 14-Jul-14 13:25:39

Seconding the Calypso, I love mine. Haven't used it with the batteries but I assume it would be as effective.

CityDweller Mon 14-Jul-14 13:38:22

I've used it with batteries. It is slightly less powerful, but that wasn't an issue for me as I didn't use it on full whack anyway. It's a great pump

InFrance2014 Thu 17-Jul-14 21:09:36

Thanks for advice everyone, husband bought a Medela Swing Maxi already.
Although I did research the Calypso, will check that one out if I don't get on with the swing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now