Baby is sighing at the breast does this mean anything?

(6 Posts)
MrsJamesMartin Fri 11-Jul-14 11:17:21

Hi, my baby is nearly 8 months and bf on demand typically around 4 times in the day and once or twice at night he's weaned onto food too.
He's started to sigh when he starts feeding and my let down seems to take longer to happen too. sometimes I can't feel the let down now but his swallowing etc tells me that milk has come down is this ok at this stage or is my supply going away?

PenguinsHatchedAnEgg Fri 11-Jul-14 11:55:24

I'd have thought that, by 8 months, he'd be letting you know quite vocally if there was a problem with the milk supply. Are you sure it's not a happy sigh? You know, like the noise my mum makes with her cup of tea!

PenguinsHatchedAnEgg Fri 11-Jul-14 11:55:59

ps. Supply problems are also pretty unlikely to suddenly kick in at 8 months when you are still feeding on demand. smile

Titsakimbo Fri 11-Jul-14 11:59:14

I didn't always feel the let down. My 3DC used to sigh like Penguins mum with her tea.

They also used to make "Nom nom nom" noises as well if they were particularly enjoying it. No discreet feeding for us! grin

MrsJamesMartin Fri 11-Jul-14 12:04:21

Yes it could just be a happy sigh! Guess because it seems to be coinciding with no longer feeling the let down so strongly that I queried it

PenguinsHatchedAnEgg Fri 11-Jul-14 12:41:01

That sensation does often fade as your supply becomes truly and robustly established. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now