10mo and 2.4yo - my milk seems to be drying up?

(6 Posts)

I currently feed dd1 in the mornings and dd2 2/3 times a day. dd1 has been that amount for the last few months; dd2 has dropped fairly quickly from ebf at 6mo.

dd1 is now complaining there isn't any milk - she has to suck really hard to get it going. I think dd2 is finding the same. she seems to be having not much per feed.

is my milk supply dropping dyt? I want to keep feeding dd2 for much longer than this..

PedlarsSpanner Wed 09-Jul-14 23:04:24

Might you be pg?

a possibility but unlikely...

CityDweller Thu 10-Jul-14 13:09:32

Or have your periods just returned? I think I read that your supply can dip at certain times of the month. Mine returning when DD was 13 mo certainly had an effect...

leedy Thu 10-Jul-14 13:40:04

My supply definitely dips just before my period. I remember an irate DS1 looking up and saying "Mama! Dis milk broken!"

I'm on the mini pill so don't have clue in that area. but it was about this time with dd1 so maybe that's it if the mini pill doesn't mask it (or unless I actually don't take it frequently enough..)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now