THE RIGHT BOTTLE AND TEAT FOR GIVING EXPRESSED MILK

(8 Posts)
grannieannie66 Wed 09-Jul-14 17:13:50

Hi all. I am new to the board and have a question.

Have any of you mums that express ever had success with a basic babies bottle purchased from boots/mothercare etc?

It seems to me that Avent,Tommee tippee etc are so very expensive.

My friend breastfed her lo and when she expressed she simply used a basic bulk standard bottle costing 65p from Boots with no problems what so ever.

I look forward to hearing form you all,

OutragedFromLeeds Wed 09-Jul-14 19:21:58

There is no harm in trying.

I personally found that the closer to nature bottles are the way to go with breastfed babies, but some will take a normal bottle.

Why don't you start with a cheap one and then if that doesn't work switch to a different one.

SociallyAcceptableCookie Wed 09-Jul-14 19:25:38

I think it's a great idea to start with a cheap one because if that doesn't work you're just going to try more and more expensive ones.

callamia Wed 09-Jul-14 19:29:08

When DS was a small baby, we tried all the bottles. Actually, the Boots own worked ok. We settled on nuk, but the slow teat when he was a little baby, changing to medium later on.

Hedgehogging Wed 09-Jul-14 20:41:55

We use nuk with the latex slow teat too though I think starting with something cheap and cheerful is an excellent idea (she says hiding her stash of rejected Avent and Tommee Tippees grin )

grannieannie66 Wed 09-Jul-14 21:21:24

LO will take avent but they are a right nightmare. They are fiddly to put together and seem to leak. ive googled this and quite a few mums seem to have experienced this. it says about only lightly tightening which i do and ive also watched an assembly vid on youtube so i know im not doing anything wrong.

Any how ive purchased the cheapy boots bottle and will see what happens.

Gracie17 Thu 10-Jul-14 21:10:27

BF DD actually prefers the mothercare bottles to Medela or Tommee Tippee.

grannieannie66 Thu 10-Jul-14 22:55:41

Hi gracie17. Is this a basic bottle and teat or a special one ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now