Washable breast pads

(5 Posts)
blushingmare Tue 08-Jul-14 13:56:43

Are there any particularly good types or brands to go for, or are they pretty much all the same?

RedCountryRoads Tue 08-Jul-14 14:17:07

I got mine from Boots. Boots own brand. I think they are great. They seem to soak up more milk than the disposable ones and are really comfy.

www.boots.com/en/Boots-Washable-Breast-Pads-1-x-6-Pads_25416/

ooievaar Tue 08-Jul-14 15:12:18

I used the Little Lambs bamboo washable pads - seemed to work well for me though I didn't really experiment with any others to compare them with (and rarely needed pads to be honest after the first month or two, I just kept them in for security just in case!).

LL often have half-price sales - keep an eye on their Facebook page - and I think the pads come in natural or black.

NorahBone Tue 08-Jul-14 21:35:17

Ooh, the Boots ones look fab- they're contoured and come with a little wash bag. I bought mine from Amazon and they're fine.

CityDweller Wed 09-Jul-14 13:31:27

Little Lambs bamboo ones (bought from the nappy lady). I found them great as they're quite slim, much better than some cotton (contoured) ones I received as a gift, which were really bulky and got all distorted in the wash.

I only switched to washables once my supply had settled a bit and I wasn't leaking as much (about 3 or 4 months, I think) - I don't think they would have coped with my copious leakiness (or I guess I would just have to had changed them several times a day)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now