Breastfeeding training

(6 Posts)
aprovinciallady Mon 16-Jun-14 10:22:41

I've trained as a peer supporter with my local NHS hospital but wondering about further training.

I'm aware of La Leche League, NCT, and Association of Breastfeeding Mothers - are there any others & is one a better bet than another?

aprovinciallady Tue 17-Jun-14 12:17:05

Bump.

BornOfFrustration Tue 17-Jun-14 12:22:05

There's the Breastfeeding Network. I trained with them, no idea what the differences are between the groups though.

ixqic Tue 17-Jun-14 16:55:23

The ABM's training for a Mother Supporter is all by distance learning. it is very rigorous for a peer supporter role. I have been through the training for one other organisation and frankly they don't compare. In the years since I trained, it has become even more thorough and is frequently updated so it surpasses the 'other' course I did only two years ago even more now.

deepbluetr Tue 17-Jun-14 17:03:27

I trained for two years with La Leche League. A mixture of local training with a designated tutor and distance learning.
If your local group is on the ball it shouldn't cost you a penny, including course materials.

aprovinciallady Tue 17-Jun-14 22:07:51

That's interesting, ixqic.

deepbluetr, I'm not a member of LLL although I have been to some of my local group meetings, not sure if that will make a difference?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now