Does anyone know this piece of research?

(10 Posts)
NoRoomForALittleOne Sun 15-Jun-14 22:32:47

I bumped in to my obstetrician today who told me that she was at a conference this week and thought of me. She heard about a piece of research that concluded that large babies born to women who did not have gestational diabetes and were breastfed for at least 3 months had a very high chance of going on to be elite athletes. It sounds like a strange bit of research so I'd like to see it.

NoRoomForALittleOne Sun 15-Jun-14 22:34:07

I should add that DD3 was 4.46kg, I did not have GD and she is still BF at 11 months old.

leedy Sun 15-Jun-14 22:54:03

Gracious. Sounds a bit unlikely but I can but hope - DS1 was 4.3kg, I didn't have GD, and I BF him til 2.5. starts optimistically preparing place on the mantelpiece for his Olympic medals

BreakingBuddhist Mon 16-Jun-14 23:13:01

That would be interesting with my two. One trips over at the drop of a hat and is such a lovely lumbering thing. The other really is such a livewire I can see a career in running would well appeal.

ShevelKnievel Mon 16-Jun-14 23:15:50

I was a big baby, no GD and breastfed. I could not be further from being an elite athlete

callamia Wed 18-Jun-14 15:51:57

Hurrah! I've got a big old breastfed chunk.
He has met his motor milestones earlyish (which I think means nothing later on), but he also has absolute unsporty dolts for parents. I probably won't run to bookmakers just yet...

SirChenjin Wed 18-Jun-14 15:55:00

Will have a look - it relates to work, so I can justify it grin

SirChenjin Wed 18-Jun-14 16:01:16

This perhaps?

SirChenjin Wed 18-Jun-14 16:02:15

Click on the Full Record link for the abstract

SirChenjin Wed 18-Jun-14 16:06:18

Or this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now