Breast feeding relaxation CD

(8 Posts)
stargirl1701 Sat 14-Jun-14 19:07:20

Has anyone used the Maggie Howell Breastfeeding Relaxation CD? Would you recommend it? Would you recommend something else?

Background:
DC2 due in August. I bf DD and it wasn't the easiest journey. I contracted blood poisoning from infective mastitis and had to be admitted to hospital where I discovered I was allergic to Flucloxicillan (sp?) and needed some resuscitation help.

I am anxious about bf again and looking for ways to alleviate that.

bakingtins Sat 14-Jun-14 19:36:04

Hi star I haven't used the breastfeeding Cd but I did use the birth preparation one and found it very helpful when anxious after a previous traumatic birth experience. You can download the tracks from iplayer cheaper than the CD. Has to be worth a try!
Have you spoken to your MW about your previous experiences? I wondered if you could see an IBCLC or the infant feeding coordinator for a debrief on the problems you had and a strategy to avoid them this time round?

stargirl1701 Sat 14-Jun-14 19:38:40

I have. I have attended 2 different LLL meeting as well (both more than hour from us). There is only 1 lactation consultant in Scotland (in Dumfries) which is a looonnnnggg way from us.

I have a plan all sorted out in consultation with the LLL leaders, my midwife and the midwife who led the NHS feeding class. The suggestion came from a discussion there.

bakingtins Sat 14-Jun-14 20:16:47

you sound determined. Good for you! A lesser mortal would have given up after all the problems you had last time. Good luck, hope it is a breeze second time round.

Theyaremysunshine Sat 14-Jun-14 20:32:00

I used it. I used the birth relaxation CD before both my 2 births and found it indispensable, so thought I'd give the feeding one a go.

I'm afraid I didn't try it til after the birth with dc1 and only listened once as DS had other ideas about how I should spend my time! It's just as good for relaxation as the birth relaxation one and I suspect would be helpful for you. Certainly can't hurt.

You're welcome to mine. Both my kids are past the bf stage sadly. Send me a PM and I'll stick it in the post.

jaggythistle Sat 14-Jun-14 22:43:31

I used the natal hypnotherapy pregnancy and birth prostrating ones which were great.

I think there is a bf one?

jaggythistle Sat 14-Jun-14 22:44:12

Birth preparation! shock

stargirl1701 Sat 14-Jun-14 22:51:16

gringringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now