help! - aptimal anti reflux milk

(5 Posts)
Sammi1986 Fri 06-Jun-14 16:32:27

Has anyone had any experience with aptimal anti reflux milk?

Just read the instructions and I'm well confused. So it works better if it's not in boiling water - fair enough iv put boiled water in 3 bottles and will reheat as I need them as I'm out at the moment. But does this mean I can't use my perfect prep machine? And im guessing that i wont be able to make a whole feed and reheat.

Then it says to leave for 7 mins to thicken, bit nervous about having to distract him during the night!

But it also says to use fast flow teats, is that essential? I only have medium. But the Dr brown teats im using seem fairly fast compared to my old tommee tippee. Confused!

fast flow is because the milk will thicken so if the teats are too slow they will get tired sucking to get the milk out.

stargirl1701 Sat 07-Jun-14 08:03:58

Yes, we used it. But, not for long. I was too concerned about the lack of hot water and the risk of powdered formula contamination. You definitely need the fast flow teats as it will clog up any teat due to the thickness.

We went back to normal 1st stage formula and demanded medication rather than continue with the anti reflux formula.

beccajoh Sat 07-Jun-14 08:09:01

Thickened milk is THE most almighty faff and no you won't be able to use your PP hmm It will clog teats. We also went down the medication route and used ordinary milk.

helen8235 Sat 07-Jun-14 10:37:31

My LG had bad colic on reflux milk too as she couldn't get it up due to milk being so thick

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now