ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Feeding too much at night?

(2 Posts)
maxsmummysusan Sun 11-May-14 13:16:41

Hi,

I have a 17 week old boy who seems to wake a few times for a feed at night at various times ( which I have no problem with), but then I get him up about the same time each day, and for the next 2 feeds of the day he has 2 oz at each feeds, whereas about 10oz at thefeeds during the night. I'm perfectly happy to feed during the night but surely the first feed of the day should be one of the biggest. Also, if he isn't fed around 4.30 in the morning he will wake bout 5.30 to get up for the day.

Also, he was very ill at about week 10 and was in hospital for 4 days and was nursed a lot (obviously) so he does wake to be comforted. We are just going with his lead with this and he is needing less comforting at night now.

Could anyone give any suggestions re. Feeding please?

Thanks

ExBrightonBell Sun 11-May-14 16:03:33

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking about re the feeding. What you are doing seems absolutely fine, and you seem to be ok with it too.

FF on demand is what is recommended by the NHS which is what you are doing so I don't see why you would want to change this. Especially if he is still adjusting back to normality after his stay in hospital.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now