Bottle refusers- which one finally worked?

(7 Posts)
LJBanana Sat 10-May-14 14:00:57

Hi all,
DS3 is 7 weeks old and breast feeds really well. I want to be able to leave him with my mum for an hour or so a couple of times a week so I can go to the gym.
So far he has refused a tommee tippee, Nuk and Nuby bottles- all with breast milk in.
Any tips on different bottles?
It's not urgent so I'm not getting stressed about it. Chances are that if I timed going straight after a feed then he'd be fine anyway, it's just incase.

pommedeterre Sat 10-May-14 14:02:18

Mam ones worked for us.

mangofizz Sat 10-May-14 14:34:48

We use Medela ones, although my DS isnt a refuser, it was just the first one we tried and I was keen to avoid nipple confusion or him preferring the bottle over the boob

Solasum Sat 10-May-14 15:26:24

Avent natural.

leedy Sat 10-May-14 16:37:47

With DS1 we found it didn't matter what the bottle was but the milk had to be really, really warm. DS2 stubbornly refused all bottles from 3 months after taking an occasional one, but got the hang of a cup straight away at around 4.5 months, though that's a bit far in the future for you!

(and yes, you'll almost certainly be able to do without it if you go straight after a feed/during a nap, I went back swimming at around the same age with both boys and they never needed a feed while I was out if I timed it right)

LJBanana Sat 10-May-14 17:17:48

Thanka all. I'm almost positive that he will be fine if I go straight away. I'm only planning on going for an hour. I'm just concerned that if he does get hungry it will be stressful for both him and my mum whilst I'm heading back. I'm probably stressing a bit too much and should just go for it. He is a very efficient feeder and has fallen naturally into a good routine with feeding every few hours, so I know he'll be ok. My other 2 fed for much longer periods of time and more frequently than he does, so it does feel strange that I'm not constantly breast feeding. I'll keep trying just to see if he will take it so it's an option if it needs to be.

Buttercup27 Sat 10-May-14 17:22:33

Dr brown are really good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now