Night away at 8 months: will I explode?

(3 Posts)
Phalarope Fri 09-May-14 09:51:39

I'm planning to leave DD overnight to go to a good friend's hen do, when DD will be 8 months old. She's currently 7 months, been doing BLW since she was 6 months and it all seems to be going swimmingly - most of what we give her seems to go down. She doesn't seem to have reduced her milk intake but as she is breastfed it's a bit hard to tell.

I'll be leaving her for about 30 hours. Not that worried about how she and her dad will cope - but how uncomfortable am I likely to be?

She currently feeds around 6.30am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 6.30pm and then around three times in the night. I'll take my pump to use in the hotel but we'll be out all afternoon and evening. I'm assuming it won't really affect my supply at this point but am I going to leak all over my nice new dress and spend the evening stuck in the loo expressing down the sink?

Lallylallz Fri 09-May-14 23:42:55

That may be ur only option I can remember leaving my DD over night while breast feeding at 9 months and ending up having to relieve the pressure and discomfort. Try to express at ur usual times if u can even if that means 5 mins in loo with pump undignified I know. But 5 mins for that relief is worth it trust me. A medium size bag will conceal a pump and a small bottle. Hope u have a good hen night

Phalarope Sun 11-May-14 07:35:03

Thank you - I'll pack the pump!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now