White spot on left nipple?

(5 Posts)
CbeebiesIsAboutToPop Thu 08-May-14 17:12:50

Ds had been really fussy on my left breast all day, pulling off, pulling it around, falling asleep after 3 minutes so I take him off, wake him and it all starts again with him being generally un settled. Then earlier as I was applying lasinoh cream I noticed a white spot. I've tried to pick it off (thinking it was milk) but it's not budging and with ds only being 6 days things are a little sore.

What is it? Should I be worried? I'm feeding on left at the moment and he's much more settled, but every now and then tugging, twisting etc.

ExBrightonBell Thu 08-May-14 17:45:19

It sounds like it could be a milk blister (also called a bleb). It can cause a blocked duct behind it, so it can be worth trying to shift it.

Have a look at the Kellymom page on blebsfor how to go about this.

definitely don't attack it with a sterile needle like I did...

CbeebiesIsAboutToPop Thu 08-May-14 17:58:44

I called the midwife and she's going to come and look at it tomorrow, hopefully she'll know how to get rid!

Misty9 Thu 08-May-14 18:18:22

I had one of these last time around and lots of massaging in hot showers along with hot flannels seemed to shift it i think. Unless you're still at the can't bear to have the shower flow on nips stage!

CbeebiesIsAboutToPop Fri 09-May-14 10:06:18

From doing lots of googling it looks like a bleb. I've lifted dead skin from on top, fed and fed and fed, used a hot cloth and expressed with a pump and it's still not gone sad
The midwife is coming out today to take a look and hopefully will have some more ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now