Anyone mind sharing their 5/6 month old sleep/feed schedule?

(9 Posts)
Chocoholism Thu 08-May-14 16:39:46

My 5 month old seems to be wanting to change a bit and I'm not sure where she going with it,
If you wouldn't mind giving me brief run down

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 08-May-14 19:28:15

Those days are long gone for me sorry but maybe someone will be along soon smile

Sunflower1985 Thu 08-May-14 19:40:31

At that time my ds was having a morning, afternoon and evening nap. About three wakes in the night which hasn't changed now he's 9mo. Fed on demand plus three top-ups, so that'll have affected things.
As long as you're happy and she seems happy I think it's less stressful to go with the flow.
Also weaning definitely changed his sleep pattern. Mostly because of digestive emissions iyswim.

Koothrapanties Thu 08-May-14 19:44:53

Dd up at 6.30, breakfast and bottle feed at 7, nap at 8.30, feed at 11.30, nap at 13.00, feed at 15.00 followed by a nap, dinner and feed at 18.30, bedtime bottle and down at 20.00.

Obviously this is not always exactly how things go, but this is a normal day. She is nearly 7 months though. There is other solid food snacks through the day too.

I feed dd to sleep unless in the car or buggy. She is a rubbish napper and won't slep for long so is on 4 short naps a day, awake for a couple of hours unless she's showing signs of tiredness. She goes to bed between 6.30-7 depending on the last nap and wakes 2-4 times a night. She feeds to sleep in the night too. I'm just gong with the flow at the minute as had a difficult time with her as she had really bad eczema which had her waking multiple times and not settling so I'm going with the easiest option.
Ill sort out the rod for my own back when she's a bit older and on solids etc etc.

Oh she's 5 months and ebf.

Koothrapanties Thu 08-May-14 19:45:55

Sorry second nap is usually around 12.00 not 13.00

FatalCabbage Thu 08-May-14 19:53:39

Six months tomorrow.

Wakes for the day between 7 and 8 depending on other DC noise. Milk.

Has a doze on or after school run, typically 45mins or so.

More milk typically around 10.30.

Bigger sleep early afternoon after another milk feed, 1.5-3h depending on circumstances.

More milk in the afternoon. Top-up sleep in pram after school run if the "big sleep" wasn't substantial.

Massive milk feed 7.30-8.30... needs waking to finish it. Very tedious.

Night feeds - can go six or seven hours, appears to prefer not to hmm

He has started first tastes of solids so those come at DC meal times but aren't nutritionally significant yet.

MissRatty Tue 13-May-14 22:35:55

Routine? What's that? None here really...gets up between 5.30 and 7.00, and seems to go on two-hourly cycles of wakes, play, eat to sleep...naps vary in length, and wakes 1-4 times a night...5mo. :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now