I miss BFing so much :(

(5 Posts)
ProfessorBranestawm Thu 08-May-14 14:07:03

It's been nearly 3 years FFS. I've been really enjoying this more grown up stage of my DCs' lives - DD nearly 7, DS nearly 5.

And yet lately I have been ridiculously broody and feel so, so sad that I won't ever have milky cuddles again sad

EasterSundaySimmons Thu 08-May-14 23:01:46

My son will be 19 and my daughter 16 this year, and I still miss breastfeeding!

You are not alone. I loved it, absolutely loved it.

Romily Thu 08-May-14 23:19:28

I have had to stop feeding my DS and I miss it so much. It was such an emotional experience and I am so sad that it had to stop before either of us was ready.

homeappliance Thu 08-May-14 23:26:32

I miss their little faces looking all drunk on mummy milk after a good feed. I miss those lovely times feeding in bed, all snuggly. Feeling broody now! smile

ProfessorBranestawm Fri 09-May-14 20:37:24

Thanks everyone. Broody as hell today confused really thought I was over it.

DD didn't feed too well, I didn't have much support and struggled to mix feed until finally stopping at 8 months. Also she would only feed with nipple shields so I never had that literal physical connection IYSWIM? It worked a lot better with DS, despite problems at the start, he was fed til his 2nd birthday. It really shocked me how different it felt and how much I loved it.

Doesn't help that part of my job is leading baby rhyme sessions grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now