Talk to me about bras!

(12 Posts)
CbeebiesIsAboutToPop Wed 07-May-14 08:57:18

I know how to measure properly for a normal bra, are feeding bras the same?

Ds is 5 days old and I'm feeling relatively normal in the boob department. I have 1 ill fitting feeding bra I bought before he was here (a stretchy sleeping one) Andover been wearing it for 5 days now! I really wanted to go and get some new ones today from Mothercare, but don't trust their fitting guides!

So do you measure for a bra how you would normally? Are my boobs going to reduce in size? Do I need to buy slightly smaller cups than what I measure now?

CbeebiesIsAboutToPop Wed 07-May-14 09:49:46

Maybe I should have put this over in style and beauty!

McBaby Wed 07-May-14 09:53:54

I would wait for 2-3 weeks as your ribs abs cup size may shrink over next few weeks.

CbeebiesIsAboutToPop Wed 07-May-14 10:02:14

But I can't keep wearing this one and I can't leave the house with any of my normal bras on (feeding is hard enough) sad what do I do?

littone Wed 07-May-14 10:24:58

I bought atwo pack of bras from Mothercare to get me through first few weeks, and now I am a cup size smaller have ordered some more supportive ones from figleaves.

josephine1986 Wed 07-May-14 11:16:01

I recommend bravado's original nursing bra, comes in s,m,l and stretchy so should accomodate changes in your boobs

frillysockmum Wed 07-May-14 11:20:53

I got some cheap cotton ones from M&S whilst I waited for my boobs to settle down !

CbeebiesIsAboutToPop Wed 07-May-14 11:20:55

Thanks, I was only planning on buying 1 or 2 cheapy ones to get me through till I've settled completely.

leedy Wed 07-May-14 13:05:07

I just stayed in the stretchy crossover sleep bras from Mothercare til my size settled down. Definitely don't go for something with a fitted size for another few weeks. I was a 38C at the end of pregnancy and ended up a 32DD, my ribcage went down A LOT while my cup size stayed up.

CbeebiesIsAboutToPop Thu 08-May-14 13:41:09

Thanks for the advice all. I bought some stretchy cross over bras and I'll wait a few weeks till I've settled properly.

MinesAPintOfTea Thu 08-May-14 14:00:22

I'm still wearing the bravado comfy bras I got to tide me over for the first few weeks. DS is two next week blush. In my defence I only wear them on pottering around the house days and I still bf.

KB02 Thu 08-May-14 14:04:35

Just wanted to let you know that I went to bravissimo for mine and they got the size wrong on two visits . Hopeless with none wired bras despite being really good at fitting wired styles in the past

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now