Breastfed baby - wind

(2 Posts)
MissHC Fri 02-May-14 00:04:50

DD is 5 months old and still struggling with lots of wind. When she was a newborn I was told she would grow out of it but I'm getting tired of it now. She's in a lot of pain with it and it wakes her up both during naps and during the night.

Background: EBF, not started weaning yet. She is on ranitidine for silent reflux. I've cut out all dairy from my diet since 3 weeks ago and it seems to have helped a bit but not much.

The wind (sorry if TMI) is very loud and smells strongly. We can also often hear it move around in her tummy.

GP and HV are useless. Does anyone have any experience with this? I feel so sorry for DD sad

bramblina Fri 02-May-14 00:38:11

I'm sorry, I can't help but just didn't want to read and run. My dd now 6 had undiagnosed reflux until she was 10.5m old and then ds now 1.5 had colic for about 5 months. It's not easy and I didn't find any solutions, sorry, but I did find that accepting it made it easier to deal with. With dd I knew what each mealtime would be like (though this was really hard as I had no idea what it was until 2 wks after she snapped out of it) and with ds I knew he would cry most evenings until midnight. Just go with it, try what you can to relax her and you, and hopefully she'll snap out of it too like my dd did, within a week.
Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now