reflux and cows milk intolerance. . reassurance please

(5 Posts)
mummy2pickle Mon 28-Apr-14 10:27:53

we've spent a day in hospital 2 days ago with my 3 week old baby to be told she may be cows milk intolerance and has bad reflux. she has been put on different formula and gaviscon. there has been no change in her and she still screams in pain. this is heart breaking and i cry with her. she now doesnt take her bottle well as it hurts her. has anyone else experienced this and please tell me it gets better

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 28-Apr-14 11:35:00

Poor you, it must be so distressing. There are lots of people on here with experience, I'm sure one will be along soon.

My DS screamed a lot too and his turned out to be upper lip tie and tongue tie. Have a read of this and see if any of it sounds familiar.

Have they suggested anything for the reflux? Does keeping her upright for an hour after her feed help?

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 28-Apr-14 11:39:06

Just thought of a bit more. This article is aimed at bfing Mums but explains CMPA quite well and allergy uk are good. They also have a helpline here.

HTH

josephine1986 Mon 28-Apr-14 13:35:11

Which formula has she moved to? Afaik there e are some presvribrd that still contain milk protein, if baby still reacts to this after a while they will prescribe a hydrolysed formula which contains none at all but is very expensive so is used as a last resort.

Have you been given a follow up appointment?

apermanentheadache Wed 30-Apr-14 22:16:16

YY to what josephine says. She may need Nutramigen AA or Neocate: Pepti or normal nutramigen might not be broken down enough for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now