Tingling breasts and nipples.

(7 Posts)
Writerwannabe83 Thu 24-Apr-14 18:19:08

I have a 5 week old baby who I'm breastfeeding and for the last 3ish days, out of nowhere, my breasts and nipples have started tingling. It isn't a constant tingle, it comes and goes, but when it is occurring it can last for a few minutes and be quite sharp and uncomfortable. It then just dies off and everything will feel normal again.

Has anyone else experienced this at all?

josephine1986 Thu 24-Apr-14 20:01:50

Yes, this happened to me. I wonder if it was around the same time, or later...but I had sharp, short stabbing pains inside my breast that would come and go between feeds. Like little pinpricks.
Lasted about a week then disappeared. Maybe was boobs adjusting, doesn't supply regulate at that time?

Greypuddle Fri 25-Apr-14 20:27:16

I think this is just your 'let-down', isn't it? Your milk coming in. I certainly had it for the first few months, until my baby started reducing feeds, but you're a long way from that yet. Don't worry, anyway. Perfectly normal, as far as I'm concerned!

Writerwannabe83 Fri 25-Apr-14 20:35:54

It's driving me a little bit mad but I'm glad to hear it's normal. Sometimes it like I get a sudden electric shock in my breasts, it's quite alarming smile

DS has been cluster feeding all day so my tingly nipples are now also sore nipples smile

TheScience Fri 25-Apr-14 20:44:01

My let down feels like this, sometimes it happens between feeds too. With DS1 I used to only feel it in the opposite breast. Do you leak when it happens?

Greypuddle Fri 25-Apr-14 21:58:23

The best way I've found to describe it is the buzzing/tingling you get after you've had a nettle sting. I quite like it, actually.

Ericadm Sat 26-Apr-14 11:55:01

I get this tingling feeling too. Only on between feeds, about an hour before next feed is due. I thought maybe is just the breast filling up again. I don't normally leak and I don't feel it during letdown just in between.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now