Windy baby

(5 Posts)
PretzelPrincess Sun 20-Apr-14 21:47:47

Just that really. DS has loads of wind. He's 6 weeks old now and before he really struggled with wind and would cry and wake up as if he was in pain. Now it dosent seem to be as painful but there is ALOT of it hmm. He's EBF...I've tried gripe water but that makes him sick. Could it be something I eat?

riskit4abiskit Sun 20-Apr-14 21:59:19

Onions are supposed to be bad I think!

Mine was the same at this age and he is still windy at 7mths just like his dad, but it no longer bothers him. He just seemed to be able to get it out better after a few weeks. I ebf mine too.

tiktok Sun 20-Apr-14 22:15:55

Why do you think your baby is troubled by wind, pretzel?

If he was troubled and now no longer is, but just burps/farts a lot, why worry?

There is very little good science or research to link specific foods with wind and its not remotely biologically plausible either, but plenty of mothers do feel they have noticed something.

PretzelPrincess Sun 20-Apr-14 23:23:26

Generally because he wriggles and cries while he is sleeping and once he has got the wind out he settles peacefully again. Only difference is be doesn't always cry and can be feeding/lieing/sleeping and trumping. Just don't want to be the cause of pain for him I guess.

tiktok Mon 21-Apr-14 07:03:55

If he is squirming and squeaking but staying asleep it really really isn't bothering himsmile .

He sounds fine. Lots of young babies squirm and make grunty noises etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now