Breast pumps - manual or electric?

(7 Posts)
Cariad007 Sat 05-Apr-14 15:20:57

Just that really. I want to start expressing so that I can occasionally be away from my 7 week old (and also sleep!) for more than 2-3 hours at a time. I tried hand expressing but could only get a few drops out so am wondering if I should buy a manual pump or hire an electric one. Which works better, and which brands are best?

santaandthearmadillo Sat 05-Apr-14 15:30:21

I had both and soon ditched the manual, my hands hurt. blush

the electric one was fab, didn't take long at all to get a few ounces, I had the mothercare innosense which wasn't bad but I know people rave about the medela swing I think it is.

Sunflower1985 Sat 05-Apr-14 17:54:16

I borrowed one from my local bf group. I heard renting can be expensive but they were free. Recommend try before you buy.

PretzelPrincess Sat 05-Apr-14 18:42:52

Medela swing electric pump is awesome. I couldn't get even a drop with my manual but the electric one is great. Also it's quick and easy and with limited time between feeds anyway it's great!

FoodieMum3 Sat 05-Apr-14 19:17:25

Does anyone have any experience/opinions on the avent electric? It's half price in a pharmacy near me and I have avent bottles.

(Not due baby until September)

PeaceLillyDoge Mon 07-Apr-14 02:21:17

The medela swing is a thing of wonder.

Cariad007 Mon 07-Apr-14 07:49:49

Thanks all. I found a Medela Swing on eBay that'd only been used twice so have ordered it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now