Wonky periods after weaning?

(2 Posts)
clementinesandbananas Fri 28-Mar-14 13:55:41

Bump

clementinesandbananas Wed 26-Mar-14 16:48:56

I've posted this in conception, but thought I'd try here too.

I weaned DC#2 a month ago after 12m of BF (exclusive to 6m, then with solids for the last six). For the last month we were only on one/two feeds a day.

My cycles came back at 6m: I was ovulating (confirmed with a scan, OPKs and cm - I refuse to temp since it stresses me out) but had very light periods (a few hours of spotting 14 days after ovulation). I assumed that they'd get better once I weaned.

We'd like #3 sooner rather than later so ditched the condoms a few months back and I've been convinced I've been pregnant a number of times: bleeding gums, severe nausea, vein-y boobs, constipation, the works. Just like I got at the start of both previous pregnancies. These symptoms have lasted for a week-10 days and then disappeared, followed by a light period.

I assumed that stopping BF entirely would help everything get fully back to normal but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. I'm still waiting for a normal period.

Is this normal? Someone on the other board mentioned getting my prolactin levels checked: should I do this? How can I help get things going again: I'm taking agnus castus already.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now