Introducing a bottle

(3 Posts)
PastaandCheese Tue 25-Mar-14 13:02:37

Yes, I have considered that he may well end up the same. I'm not sure I did anything 'wrong' last time so that would suggest I can't do anything 'right' this time. Still want to give it a good go though!

He is a good feeder. Far more interested that his sister ever was. She was so patient that she could wait it out if anything wasn't to her liking. He appears to have less truck with that and falls on me as though he has been half starved.

Think I might see what DH thinks about trying him this weekend.

FrumiousBandersnatch Tue 25-Mar-14 12:15:45

MW watched me feed DD at two weeks and advised that we would be fine to introduce a bottle then. All great until seven weeks when she started to refuse anyway; it seems that some bf babies will end up bottle-refusers regardless. If you don't have any concerns about latch I'd be inclined to go for it.

PastaandCheese Tue 25-Mar-14 11:42:54

I've read some really mixed views on when to introduce a bottle.

DD was a bottle refuser. I'm so hoping 2.5 week old DS won't be the same. I think I'll find it hard if he is as I'm very keen to leave him with DH so I can get back to taking my DD swimming once a week.

I waited until 6 weeks with DD as per NCT advice. HV has suggested 4 weeks with DS and then to keep it up regularly.

DH and I are planing for me to express the 10.30/11pm feed so he can bottle feed that one whilst I get an earlier night.

When would you start attempting this......-- Seen every hour of the night with poorly 2 year old and hungry newborn so hoping someone will say soon!--

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now