BF question

(6 Posts)
Ericadm Mon 17-Mar-14 06:54:05

My 7-weeks old baby is starting to sleep longer stretches at night therefore I am waking up very full and slightly unconfortable. Although very happy that I am getting a bit more sleep I am also worried that as he is extracting less at night my milk supply may start falling. We had a difficult start and i really don't want to mess things up now. Will my body naturally adapt to produce more during the day (when he cluster feed) and less at night?

PickleMobile Mon 17-Mar-14 06:55:42

If he keeps going for longer through the night your breasts will adjust. Might just take a few days. They are wonderful things dem boobiez!

outtheothersidefinally Mon 17-Mar-14 06:57:17

Yes - give it time and your milk flow will adjust. Still early days so baby's sleep may go through many patterns anyway. Your milk will sways adjust, have plenty of breast pads on hand until it does! But it will!
Congratulations on your baby, sounds like you're doing a great job!

aufaniae Mon 17-Mar-14 06:57:42

Yes your body should naturally adapt, as long as you are feeding in the day it should be fine AFAIK.

changedirection Mon 17-Mar-14 06:57:43

Yes they will adjust, producing less during the night and more at the times he usually feeds. Nature is really fantastic! Just trust your boobs to do what they were designed for (and enjoy the extra sleep!)

aufaniae Mon 17-Mar-14 06:58:26

Cross posts! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now