Baby hiccups!

(4 Posts)
Volleyfeet Sat 15-Mar-14 19:29:04

Hello! Just looking to pick some brains! My 10 day old DD seems to get an awful lot of hiccups! About 2 episodes a day at the moment. They settle on their own. She is breastfed but due to poor weight gain is also having expressed breast milk by bottle after each feed. The hiccups have been occurring since birth, don't seem to have started with the intro of bottles.

Am I not winding her enough/properly? Or do some babies just have lots of these? Weirdly she used to have them in the evenings when I was pregnant so wondering if she is just prone to them for some reason?

Thank you!

NickyEds Sat 15-Mar-14 19:57:06

I think some babies just get them! My DS gets them when he's very full-so really quite often-at least once or twice a day. I wouldn't worry about winding-they show signs of discomfort if very windy.
Not sure what it means but my DS had lots of hiccups when I was pregnant too! Congratulations!

Sneezy86 Sun 16-Mar-14 01:09:19

My baby (now 8 weeks) had up to 6 hiccup episodes a day when I was pregnant and probably 3-4 a day for the first few weeks after birth. Midwives and health visitors both told me it was nothing. Turned out she had/ has silent reflux and this is quite a common symptom. With better management of her reflux we are now down to 1-2 episodes a day.

AnythingNotEverything Sun 16-Mar-14 20:04:01

I think some babies just get them.

I think DD gets them when she's full up a satisfied. It's a happy noise in our house v

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now