Sore boob :(

(4 Posts)
JustLetMeSleep Sat 15-Mar-14 09:15:20

I'm trying to wean my 10mo DD. I was feeding first thing (which I have dropped yesterday) and then at 10pm. Yesterday had some soreness in the right breast, which she hadn't fed from for 36 hours, and thought it was just engorged and would pass with 10pm feed. But it was sore all night and still this morning. Achey, no redness, no lumpiness. What is it? What should I do? I had a blocked duct at the start but can't remember if it was like this.

chrissyalg Sat 15-Mar-14 17:13:20

Have you tried having a warm bath, or squeezing the breast to remove some of the milk? It may help....

JustLetMeSleep Sat 15-Mar-14 17:18:01

I expressed a bit by hand earlier, then with the pump, and have just fed DD briefly. It does help but not for long I think it is a blocked duct. I don't know how to get rid of it without stimulating the supply again. When I had it before DD was only 5 wks or so and I just fed and fed but that's not really an option.

AnythingNotEverything Sun 16-Mar-14 20:06:50

I was about to post something sinister. I ebf my five month old DD and one boob has been sore and achy all day. She's fed from it plenty and while it's no longer engorged it still doesn't feel right.

I might try a hot water bottle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now