Burning Nipples

(10 Posts)
Thumbwitch Sun 16-Mar-14 16:28:12

Hopefully then it'll be gone in a day or so! smile
(not a basket case at all - it's always a worry when you don't know what's going on!)

JamInMyWellies Sun 16-Mar-14 16:24:13

That sounds exactly the same, had got myself into a tizz that it was only one boob and the pain must be that my supply had gone. Am a genuine basket case smile

Thumbwitch Sun 16-Mar-14 15:56:57

The deep pain I had after feeding lasted for ages as well - I could only describe it as being like pins and needles, except much slower and 100x more painful! the only thing that helped was leaving my boob bare for at least half an hour after feeding, and even that wasn't always successful. Didn't know what it was, thought it was some kind of nerve-thing - but no. Just thrush. And it was only on the left breast too.

JamInMyWellies Sun 16-Mar-14 15:47:00

I got some of the gel yesterday and have used it on myself. Its just the weird burning is that a symptom it lasts for ages after feeding at least an hr. But its only one nipple that I have trouble with.

From what I have read the worry about the gel in under 6 mth is to do with the application and its consistancy

Thumbwitch Sun 16-Mar-14 14:41:31

Could be thrush - I had it, didn't realise because DS2 didn't have any signs of it, but it was causing me all sorts of problems (recurring blebs, deep pain, numb nipples, cracking around the sides of the nipples), and it was only when I went to the GP with a few little niggles, and asked about the nips as an add-on, and she said "yes, it's thrush". Gave me Daktarin gel (DS2 was already about 8mo, iirc) and it cleared it up in a couple of days. Can't use it for under 6mo babies though sad

Not sure, I haven't had it myself. I think you need swabs to be sure. If you google BFN thrush, there is some goodninfo.

JamInMyWellies Fri 14-Mar-14 21:54:03

Just read about thrush and actually think it might be. But DS doesnt seem to have it. Can this be right?

JamInMyWellies Fri 14-Mar-14 21:37:15

I dont think so DS shows no sign of it.

Could it be thrush?

JamInMyWellies Fri 14-Mar-14 21:03:29

I had trouble getting BF started with DS3. He was tongue tied, has a shallow latch / lazy latch and I have inverted nipples. By the time the TT was snipped my nipples were badly traumatised. I continued to feed and we are now 11wks in.

For the last week I have been experiencing burning nipples after feeding and sometimes during feeding. I cant see anything I cam doing differently.

What on earth could be causing this? I have really struggled this time with BF and I dont want to give up especially having gone through so much to get to this point.

Any ideas anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now