How to introduce a cup of milk?

(3 Posts)
YarnyStasher Fri 14-Mar-14 08:34:39

Nearly 7mo DD has never had a bottle. She's taken to solids really well though and drinks water from a sippy cup unaided.

In the next few months I shall be working occasionally and will need to be apart from her for up to 8 hours once a month and up to 4 hours once a week.

I'm reluctant to introduce a bottle as I think she's too old, and there's no guarantee she'd take to it easily. I'm also reluctant for our first attempt at cup feeding to be when I'm stuck at work! What if she refused?

Are there any strategies that work? I'm planning to give her ready mixes formula as I've no objection to it and no time to pump. any suggestions?

leedy Fri 14-Mar-14 11:23:09

If she can drink water from a sippy I'm sure she won't have a problem with milk. Why not just try her with an oz or so in her usual sippy with an air of "here's a fun thing to try" when she's in a good mood and see what happens?

You might also want to try different cups if the usual water one doesn't go down well, DS2 would drink water out of pretty much anything but particularly likes the Nuk soft spout sippy for milk.

YarnyStasher Fri 14-Mar-14 19:09:40

Thank you. I think we might have a bash this weekend smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now