Breast lump after ending breastfeeding

(4 Posts)
alex344 Fri 14-Mar-14 00:57:07

Hi
I stopped breastfeeding my 6 month old about 2 weeks ago. Had a weak supply anyway and milk dried up quickly. Tonight I've just found a grape sized lump under my nipple. It's not causing me any pain, not red or tender, so I don't think it's mastitis, I'm feeling quite worried as I know pain free lumps are the dodgy ones. Has anyone else had this? Should I go to the doctor? I'm a little concerned they will just dismiss it as breastfeeding aftermath and not check it properly. Or should I just calm down and give it some time&see what happens? Thanks

Wurstwitch Fri 14-Mar-14 01:26:38

Do get it checked. You know it makes sense.

alex344 Fri 14-Mar-14 22:46:59

It was a blocked duct. After gentle massage in a hot bath milk suddenly poured out! No milk at all leaking for 2 weeks then all of a sudden it comes back and causes this lump. Something to watch&check for any ladies who are stopping breastfeeding as doctor said had I not noticed it early it would almost certainly turned into painful mastitis.

Wurstwitch Sat 15-Mar-14 03:09:10

That's great. (Well, not great, but I'm glad you're fixed!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now