Breastfed 6wk old and wind causing issues

(8 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Wed 12-Mar-14 19:11:56

He seems unsettled a fair bit some days. Pooing fine but has soooo much trapped wind. out both ends. But lots from his behind.. And some nights I think he's waking for a feed but he doesn't want it and is just Uncomfy from being gassy.

He demand feeds, usually every 2-3hourly.

littleraysofsunshine Wed 12-Mar-14 19:45:45

He's soooo gassy tonight. Had a big poo earlier but didn't settle well tonight. Just been looking info up on it. Poor boy. He wreaks! Lol

notoneforselfies Wed 12-Mar-14 19:48:10

It might be a lactose intolerance. Might be worth trying coleif for a bit? Also my LO had a tongue tie, just snipped today, but it meant he had a poor latch so was gulping lots of air when he was feeding, resulting in colic...

littleraysofsunshine Wed 12-Mar-14 20:09:45

I can't see a tongue tie, and I've just started to see a pattern with it. He'll be happier for a few days then as the build up goes on he'll get more and more unsettled.

notoneforselfies Wed 12-Mar-14 20:14:00

My DS's was a type 4 posterior tie - not visible only palpable. But it was just a possibility. Do you burp him thoroughly after every feed? Might be worth experimenting with coleif and also cutting things out of your diet...

MistletoeBUTNOwine Wed 12-Mar-14 20:21:54

My ebf DS (8weeks) is exactly the same sad
Where do you get coilef from?

notoneforselfies Wed 12-Mar-14 20:26:01

Any pharmacy - boots stocks it. It's pricey but if it works you can get it on repeat prescription. Lactose intolerance is very common and they usually grow out of it by about 3 months. Coleif is just a lactase enzyme so not 'medication'. Worth trying if just to rule it out really!

littleraysofsunshine Thu 13-Mar-14 07:56:49

He fed at 6:15, slept and just woke crying and rooting. I tried to feed but he just screams. Has wind and still cries when I try to put him down or wind more ???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now