I need to get ebf 5mth old to take more than 50ml formula, how?

(7 Posts)
YorkshireTeaGold Sun 09-Mar-14 14:57:55

I'm desperate to stop bfing... We've got to a point where Dd2 will take 50mls of formula from a nuk learner cup (just couldnt work bottle out) but then she stops and becomes upset.

I can't work out how to get her from this to taking a full formula feed. Should I drop a bf in the day? Just not bf her til she takes it? Any one else been in this situation?

Thanks lots

CountessOfRule Sun 09-Mar-14 15:22:35

A friend of mine went cold turkey at 6m with each of her DC. She says they coped just fine ... but I don't know how it went on the first few days.

YorkshireTeaGold Sun 09-Mar-14 20:27:46

Thanks countless, I did think about this but feel a bit mean as she LOVES the boobies. It just depends how desperate I get.

Anyone else go cold turkey? Any other tips for them that don't like formula

FrumiousBandersnatch Sun 09-Mar-14 20:58:06

Maybe get a few cartons of different formula in case there's one she prefers the taste of? Apparently hipp tastes the nicest - there was a thread on this recently.

YorkshireTeaGold Sun 09-Mar-14 21:00:16

Ohh that's good advice 're the hipp... That was the one that dd1 took in the end. I was giving aptimel as it's all they sell locally. Will order some, ta .

Paloma12 Sun 09-Mar-14 21:01:00

Warm the formula slightly?

YorkshireTeaGold Sun 09-Mar-14 21:07:09

I do paloma, but she's a fussy bugger! Thanks for tip, dd1 would only take it warm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now