Hoping to stop bf... what's your routine for preparing forumla for the day?

(4 Posts)
starfish12 Fri 07-Mar-14 08:10:53

I'm almost at 6 months and hope to stop bf then but the thought of moving to forumla scares me as I have no clue how to prepare it. Can someone help me with the following:

Do you boil and cool water for the full day and if so when do you do it? First thing or the night before?
Do you have to sterilise the container you are keeping the cooled water in?
If you are taking a bottle out with you for the day is it still sterile as you will have taken it out of the steriliser...

Any other tips on how you prepare your day for ff gratefully received.

After 5.5 months of refusing a bottle DS finally chugged 9oz out of one the last 2 nights!

Mumof3xx Fri 07-Mar-14 08:12:09

I make mine as I go Along have done since dd was born 11 months ago

fflonkl Fri 07-Mar-14 12:10:53

I make the day's batch in the morning and store in the fridge, then warm in a tub of very hot water just before a feed. If out and about tend to use carton, or warmed bottle of formula if I knew we were going to feed quickly.

Now that DD is at nursery though I do the last feed fresh but have some cooled boiled water ready in a bottle. I'm less fussed about sterilising now tbh as DD is 11+ months old and everything goes in the dishwasher anyway.

PETRONELLAS Fri 07-Mar-14 12:15:27

I do fresh and have ready made for out and about/night time. Most important thing is to use freshly boiled water to mix with the powder. Not below 70 degrees. All the cartons tell you what to do. With my pfb I also sterilised each bottle just before using but now I just sterilise them all and store empty/air tight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now