What size nursing bra?

(6 Posts)
Victoria2002 Thu 06-Mar-14 23:16:45

It's true, you can never get a perfect fit as your boobs will go up and down through the day so stretchy and triangle shapes work best, pointy or shaped bras just end up empty or bulging. Supposedly you can fit a bra now by trying it on then sliding your hand inside to cup your boob, if there 'a space for the hand then the bra will suit. It's trial & error so just buy one in any style and if it works then buy a few. (Rather than buying black/white/nude all in a style without really trying it out for instance).

tattymum76 Thu 06-Mar-14 21:11:20

Currently measuring 39 back, but fit comfortably in my 38GG. Fullest part I haven't measured myself, but when measured professionally only last week they said 38GG was fine for now. Totally didn't think about when my milk comes in!

tattymum76 Thu 06-Mar-14 20:53:15

Definitely the first time I've heard of the cabbage trick! lol

misscph1973 Thu 06-Mar-14 20:38:06

It's problematic as your boobs are different sizes depending on how full they are, ie. before and after feeding. I found that I preferred the very plain hospital style nursing bras, basically just elastic materials with straps. I have some fairly expensive nursing bras that I just found were either too tight or too loose over the cause of a day! Having said that my boobs were and are quite small, so perhaps it is different for you. I did like having feeding tops so that I didn't expose too much during a feed (also keeps you warmer!).

Maybe it's best to wait and see? You may very well find that you breasts are too tender to wear any bra in the beginning. Whatever you do, make sure you have cabbage in the fridge when you come back from hospital, I know it sounds crazy but it is so soothing to cover sore breasts with cabbage leaves!

Picturesinthefirelight Thu 06-Mar-14 20:32:19

I would just buy one nursing bra in your current size & then measure again shortly after the birth

What are your current measurements? Under bust measurement and the fullest part ofcthe bust measurement.

tattymum76 Thu 06-Mar-14 20:29:41

I'm 38 weeks and currently fitting a 38GG bra. I'm planning to breastfeed and want to buy a couple of bras to start me off, but have no clue what size I should buy? Do I just go up to a 38HH? Or am I totally way off?

Help! confused

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now