More efficient feeding with a change of position?

(7 Posts)
Bumpiemalumpie Fri 07-Mar-14 17:53:28

hmm

Bumpiemalumpie Thu 06-Mar-14 18:57:11

Thankz all,

I hadn't thought about how he may just be getting the hang of it!! We are still having lots of wees and poos in mustard colour, no pesto poos so I hope he is doing well. No to crack a longer than 3 hour pattern in the night!! Advice?!

BadPenny Thu 06-Mar-14 14:45:49

Also, bear in mind that by 6 weeks a baby is becoming a more efficient feeder so that will also be a factor - if everything else is normal, shorter feeds aren't a concern.

Most 6 week old babies would let you know if they're not getting enough. Well done for getting this far!

redcaryellowcar Thu 06-Mar-14 09:15:39

I am sorry but don't know the answer to your question but will certainly be trying new position now. My thoughts are i imagine that as everyone (mums boobs and babies) is different shapes and sizes what works for one may not work for another!

Not sure about efficiency but I only ever felt like dd was feeding well in the rugby ball hold, I found it much more comfortable and she always fed faster like that. Well done for feeding this long, I found it got easier and easier as time went on :-)

Bumpiemalumpie Thu 06-Mar-14 09:07:55

bump

Bumpiemalumpie Wed 05-Mar-14 21:21:57

Hello all, I hope someone can give me some help.

My little one is almost 6 weeks old. I am ebf and very proud of myself!

My breast feeding 'career' has been a bit anxiety making but I guess that is usual!

Anyway, I had been feeding lo in the across the body position, a good breast draining feed would take about 40mins and I would be satisfied he had got a good amount, it would take about an hour with breaks and winding. I also pushed for this length after some 'pesto' type poos.

After a conversation with a friend, I tried the rugby ball hold. Lo seemed to drain me more than I have ever felt before but in 15/20 mins.

My neurotic question is, is he getting just as good a feed in less time from this other position??

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now