Stopping breastfeeding cold turkey. Will it work? Did you?

(28 Posts)
MrCabDriver Tue 04-Mar-14 21:35:07

DD was 2 last week.

I'm so ready to stop now!

Have tried cutting down along the last 2 months but I always give in to her.

Today I picked her up from the childminders...came home did dinner etc and kept distracting her...bathed her then put her to bed. I said no "all gone" etc ... she cried loudly for about 2 minutes then stopped and took the bottle of milk (cows) I'd given her.... then fell asleep!!!!
This was amazing.

Was it a fluke night? Could she be ready too, for defeating so quickly?

I'd like to go cold turkey instead of cutting down to be honest...how can I prevent mastitis??

Thanks in advance!

wokeupwithasmile Thu 06-Mar-14 14:10:53

MrCabDriver could I ask please, how are your breasts? I am planning to stop in a couple of weeks while away from ds for one week and have now got the feeds down to 1-2 per day. However, I am worried about my body's reaction to the stopping. How are you?

MrCabDriver Thu 06-Mar-14 14:54:02

Not as engorged as I thought they would be!

She has only fed from the right one since she was about 10 months old, in the last 48 hours she's only had 1 feed and it's a bit big but still soft - not that hard exploded feel!

I've previously gone about 18 hours and it's been massive so looks like it's adapted pretty quick?! I'm sure it will get bigger it's not as big as it has been in the past and that's in less time

wokeupwithasmile Thu 06-Mar-14 19:41:46

Great, I'm happy for you, and thanks a lot for sharing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now