Does anyone know if Motherwear (UK) has stopped trading?

(10 Posts)
Lexilicious Fri 17-Jan-14 13:22:25

I ordered a couple of nursing bra converters from them at the end of December and (a) no confirmation (b) nothing in the post. I emailed them this morning to query. The site only seemed to take paypal as payment, so now I am a bit concerned.

Has anyone else here shopped with them recently? Twitter account has something which looks like a goodbye message from July 2012, but the link doesn't open.

LoveAndDeath Sat 18-Jan-14 01:49:54

I know Motherwear in the US has stopped trading but I don't know if they were the same company. I don't think they were?

Ginformation Wed 05-Mar-14 21:28:55

Just found this thread via Google as I am in the same boat. Ordered 2 bra converter kits a couple of weeks ago and had no communication from the website, only the PayPal confirmation. Tried emailing them but the emails have not been delivered (Hotmail postmaster notification saying delay).

Did you find any answers op?

aliwowland Wed 05-Mar-14 21:54:36

I had the same issue and I opened a dispute via the Paypal resolution centre. They found in my favour and refunded me my money - so it looks like the company isn't able to fulfil it's orders.

Ginformation Wed 05-Mar-14 22:27:19

Thanks ali I'll do the same. Was thinking about giving it a bit more time but it seems that would be pointless. If that is the case then why the frig haven't they taken down the website?

Can anyone recommend where to buy the nursing bra converter kits?

PixieL Thu 06-Mar-14 07:39:14

You can buy them from a lady who runs her business through Facebook ( and maybe Etsy?). Search for Babaloola.

She sells the converters for £4.50 and for an additional fee will do the conversion for you if you post the bras to her. She did two for me, as I have minimal sewing skills and no time, and they were really well done.

aliwowland Thu 06-Mar-14 09:50:50

I ended up buying a cheap secondhand nursing bra from eBay just to get the clips! Still haven't got round to doing the conversion yet though.

Ginformation Thu 06-Mar-14 21:26:03

Thank you! They aren't easy to track down.

here, I found some on ebay too

Ginformation Thu 06-Mar-14 21:26:16

Ginformation Thu 06-Mar-14 21:26:23

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now