What % of children are bf until their 2nd birthday?

(56 Posts)
Winterclause Tue 14-Jan-14 18:41:19

Does anyone know?!

We were having a discussion today and I thought about 10% but my friend thought it was about 1%!

We did google but couldn't find anything specific to the uk!

atthestrokeoftwelve Wed 15-Jan-14 12:39:55

Hi - another one here- I continuoulsy breastfed for 7 and a half years without a break over two pregnancies.

I'd have quite liked DD2 to have kept her promise about giving up when she started school.

However, she decided weekends and holidays didn't count!

She ended up carrying on for many years.

HoratiaDrelincourt Wed 15-Jan-14 12:52:43

Breast milk counts as breastfeeding.

Hedgehog80 Wed 15-Jan-14 13:35:44

It's exhausting! Got to the point now where I can't wait for ds2 to stop!

Mama1980 Wed 15-Jan-14 13:40:45

I know quite a few in my friendship group it's quite common. But it is quite a niche group- mothers who home educate and many are vegan, though I'm not personally.
I EBF both my birth children for 6 months and breastfed my ds1 until 4 1/2 years my youngest by birth is 13 months and I will breast feed him also until he autonomously weans himself.

Llareggub Wed 15-Jan-14 16:03:33

I'm not a niche home educating type at all. My trade marked approach to parenting (haha) is the path of least resistance. I carried on breastfeeding for 7 yrs because it was easier than stopping. It's why I ended up co-sleeping and BLW although I don't think it was called that with DS1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now