I'm a dummy

(30 Posts)
AnyFuckerWillDo Thu 26-Dec-13 22:54:14

angry Putting my DS back in his cot for the 8th time in the last 30 mins. He's ebf, after his bedtime feed he falls asleep on me, wakes when I put him down, this is followed by 5-15 pick ups, falling sleeps, putting down, immediately crying episodes till he eventually will settles for a couple of hours. I need to pick him up because he just cries hysterically if I don't soon as I pick hi. Up he gets his suckle n drops back off. Any advices?

StarlightMcKingsThree Fri 27-Dec-13 15:14:22

OP, If you've made an informed decision then I don't want to interfere but can't leave it unsaid that the Guidelines are for your baby to sleep in the same room as you for all naps and night time sleep until at least 6 months to ensure he is regularly disturbed and prevent a deep sleep from developing.

AnyFuckerWillDo Fri 27-Dec-13 21:26:01

Hi yes in sleeping bag, tried the muslin wrap last night but no good, just settled down in the nursery again now for a couple of hours or feed, sleep, put down, cry hmm got a fleece blanket in cot tonight to try. Little warmer than the fleece x

AnyFuckerWillDo Fri 27-Dec-13 21:28:02

Haha thanks bitscary x

Aquariusgirl86 Fri 27-Dec-13 21:32:46

Mine was the same, the key for me was co sleeping and not expecting to do much other than feed / cuddle all evening, does get better smile

Midori1999 Fri 27-Dec-13 23:17:54

This really is normal for a lot of babies, although I'm sure that doesn't really help. My DD had ALL naps and sleeps either on me or next to me until 7 months. She wouldn't even go for a walk in her pram until 4 months and even after that it was only 10 mins at a time so I just used a sling in the end.

I do think things will be harder with the baby in another room, guidelines aside and tbh, bed sharing saved my sanity. So much so that this time we just decided DH would sleep on a camp bed next to our bed so DS could sleep in bed with me.

If it helps, even when studies don't include safe bed sharing V unsafe practices as factors, there is no increased risk from bed sharing after four months. You do learn to sleep better with them next to you after a while, but it doesn't seem like you're getting much sleep now anyway?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now