Breastfeeding protective against Autism

(88 Posts)

What do you guys make of this news:

"Breastfed children have higher oxytocin levels, boosting their chances of evading Autism. Medical researchers have further confirmed that breastfeeding significantly strengthens the nervous system of both the child and its mother."

www.ameinfo.com/blog/automotive/sharjah-baby-friendly-emirate-campaign/uaes-first-ever-session-on-reducing-autism-cases-via-breastfeeding-shifts-autism-fight-from-therapy-to-prevention/

PolterGoose Wed 18-Dec-13 21:07:11

AIBU to think that some people are cunts?

NotAnotherStuffedTurkey Wed 18-Dec-13 21:07:19

Is there a topic called Goady Shit Stirring Blamers that this thread can be happily relocated to? angry

StarlightMcKingsThree Wed 18-Dec-13 21:07:51

<Nazi>

Tangfasticlady Wed 18-Dec-13 21:08:44

Breastfed my son for three years, hasn't prevented him from having an ASD I'm afraid.

zzzzz Wed 18-Dec-13 21:09:04

<Einstein>

HotheadPaisan Wed 18-Dec-13 21:09:19

All the lols, nice one people!

StarlightMcKingsThree Wed 18-Dec-13 21:10:01

Did you use both boobs?

Coz I read somewhere, that breatfeeding only prevents autism if you feed from the right boob only. If you feed from the left only you give your child ADHD.

PolterGoose Wed 18-Dec-13 21:13:42

For anyone who hasn't realised, this thread was started in SN Chat. Unsurprisingly, many parents of children with autism aren't too happy to be told that they might have caused their child's autism. Within living memory children with autism were removed from their families as a result of what was considered to be maternal deprivation, the 'refrigerator mother' theory. Suggesting that formula feeding causes autism is deeply offensive. We have enough shit to deal with without more being thrown.

zzzzz Wed 18-Dec-13 21:14:19

That explains a lot, star , thanks.

autumnsmum Wed 18-Dec-13 21:15:08

Aha starlight you're on to something there if I'd used a different brand of formula would I have given my Dcs adhd

LalyRawr Wed 18-Dec-13 21:15:09

Another bollocks vote.

My mum breast fed my brother and not me. We both had Fragile X. No amount of breast milk can change your DNA I'm afraid.

ImAnElfJeSuisUneElf Wed 18-Dec-13 21:21:19

WTAF.

MNHQ obviously thought it was offensive enough to move, but not to remove.

What a load of parp.

devilinside Wed 18-Dec-13 21:50:21

Millions of you have autism, you just don't know it, the original thinkers, the computer programmers, the engineers, the poets and musicians, the scientists, the lecturers, the artists. most working at their special interests, unlikely to be motivated by money.

I have AS, I didn't know it, it wasn't diagnosed when I was a child. My son has ASD (breastfed until two), DD has aspergers, the quirky members of my family have it (ie all of them), It's genetic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now