I just can't do this any more.

(28 Posts)
DaleyBump Sun 08-Dec-13 20:08:27

I've been bf my son who was born on the 29th of November. I hate it so much. He isn't taking to it at all, he's only fed properly once today with little feeds in between. Last night he was up all night showing hunger signs but would only latch for two minutes then pull away. I would try to latch him again and he would just open his mouth really wide and shake his head side to side violently so I can hardly get my nipple in his mouth. When I manage to latch him again it starts all over again. I'm in bits, I feel like such a failure, I can't even feed my son. I'm going to get some formula just now but I'm so upset about it. I have no idea what I want from this post.

tiktok Mon 09-Dec-13 17:30:26

Daley, hope all goes well for you smile

SpoonfulOfJam Mon 09-Dec-13 18:54:15

Daley, I remember u from the pregnancy threads. My son was born on 26th Oct and we had some difficulty at the beginning with bf. I thought my baby just needed to be bought near to my nipple and it would all happen naturally. Eventually a midwife showed me how to hold my left breast with left hand, lightly pinch at the nipple so it's more like a dummy. Baby lies across my body held with my right arm. My right hand support his neck and head. When he opens his mouth wide, push his head onto nipple. It does look a bit forceful, but it helps him get a real mouthful. Bf was a two handed job while he was very little, now at 6 weeks I can latch him on then move into a cradling position. Get some professional help, but in the meantime I hope I might have been able to help x

OhPuddleducks Tue 10-Dec-13 01:54:19

Following on from BikeSkiRun, my friend's wise mum says "there are many ways you can screw up your children. How you choose to feed them as babies is not one of them." Enjoy your lovely baby (and maybe express a wee bit off so you're comfy) x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now